The Frederick County Chamber of Commerce expects 1,500 people to
attend the annual free Business Expo from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 24 at Westview
The expo, according to a statement from the chamber, is the largest business trade show in the county.
More than 125 exhibitors have signed up for the event, representing all types of businesses, professions and services in the area. Representatives of major employers, boutique shops and government agencies will be on hand.
Educational sessions will be held on topics including effective presentations, healthy workplaces, managing health care reform and the positive impact of diversity on a business.
A workplace fashion show and interactive games will be part of the event.
About 15 food exhibitors will provide tastes of Frederick, including breakfast, lunch and appetizers. Breakfast items will be available from 9 to 10:30 a.m.; lunch from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.; and appetizers from 2:30 to 4 p.m.
Elected officials are expected to attend the event. The expo not only allows visitors to see the many business entities in the county but also to network.
Business Expo 2013
Westview Corporate Center
5280 Corporate Drive, Frederick
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 24
Exhibits, educational sessions, food
(c)2013 The Frederick News-Post (Frederick, Md.)
Visit The Frederick News-Post (Frederick, Md.) at www.fredericknewspost.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment