The Frederick County Chamber of Commerce expects 1,500 people to
attend the annual free Business Expo from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 24 at Westview
The expo, according to a statement from the chamber, is the largest business trade show in the county.
More than 125 exhibitors have signed up for the event, representing all types of businesses, professions and services in the area. Representatives of major employers, boutique shops and government agencies will be on hand.
Educational sessions will be held on topics including effective presentations, healthy workplaces, managing health care reform and the positive impact of diversity on a business.
A workplace fashion show and interactive games will be part of the event.
About 15 food exhibitors will provide tastes of Frederick, including breakfast, lunch and appetizers. Breakfast items will be available from 9 to 10:30 a.m.; lunch from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.; and appetizers from 2:30 to 4 p.m.
Elected officials are expected to attend the event. The expo not only allows visitors to see the many business entities in the county but also to network.
Business Expo 2013
Westview Corporate Center
5280 Corporate Drive, Frederick
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 24
Exhibits, educational sessions, food
(c)2013 The Frederick News-Post (Frederick, Md.)
Visit The Frederick News-Post (Frederick, Md.) at www.fredericknewspost.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Boehner Blames Obama, Senate for Congressional Inactivity
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25