Toyota Motor Corp is recalling about 200,000 hybrid Sport Utility
Vehicles, including the Lexus RX400h, worldwide to fix a defect in the inverter,
the Japanese carmaker said Wednesday.
Toyota is also separately recalling about 169,000 vehicles, including the Lexus GS350, the Lexus IS350 and Crown, over a flaw in engine parts.
There have been no reports of injuries or accidents due to the defective parts, company spokeswoman Kayo Doi said.
Toyota is recalling about 141,000 hybrid SUVs in North America, 37,000 in Europe and 15,000 in Japan.
The problem with engine parts will entail a recall of 106,000 units in North America, 59,000 in Japan and 500 in Europe, Doi said.
The recall includes Lexus GS350 manufactured between July 2005 and July 2011, and Crown made between September 2005 and July 2011, Toyota said.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise