In an effort to attract younger fans, the Miami Dolphins have booked
teen sensation Austin Mahone to perform at halftime at the team's regular season
home opener at Sun Life Stadium on Sept. 22.
As part of the team's Kids Kickoff campaign, tickets will sell for $15 for all youths ages 15 and younger with the purchase of an adult ticket to the game against the Atlanta Falcons.
There will be a special "Austin Mahone" section at the stadium and 20 winners will be selected to be in the "mosh pit" around the stage for Mahone's halftime performance.
Mahone, 17, fresh from winning "Artist to Watch" at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, has a new hit single out, "What About Love" which has received more than 19.5 million views on YouTube. Austin is currently touring with Taylor Swift.
For additional information on the "Kids Kickoff" and the Austin Mahone event, visit Dolphins.com/finskids or call 1-888-Fins-Tix.
(c)2013 The Miami Herald
Visit The Miami Herald at www.miamiherald.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill