In an effort to attract younger fans, the Miami Dolphins have booked
teen sensation Austin Mahone to perform at halftime at the team's regular season
home opener at Sun Life Stadium on Sept. 22.
As part of the team's Kids Kickoff campaign, tickets will sell for $15 for all youths ages 15 and younger with the purchase of an adult ticket to the game against the Atlanta Falcons.
There will be a special "Austin Mahone" section at the stadium and 20 winners will be selected to be in the "mosh pit" around the stage for Mahone's halftime performance.
Mahone, 17, fresh from winning "Artist to Watch" at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, has a new hit single out, "What About Love" which has received more than 19.5 million views on YouTube. Austin is currently touring with Taylor Swift.
For additional information on the "Kids Kickoff" and the Austin Mahone event, visit Dolphins.com/finskids or call 1-888-Fins-Tix.
(c)2013 The Miami Herald
Visit The Miami Herald at www.miamiherald.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping