The Pottsville Gymnastics & Theatrical Center Inc. filled Pottsville's Sovereign Majestic Theater with Disney magic Sunday during the fifth "Magical Memories: A Tribute to the Magic of Disney" show.
Sandy Kost-Sterner, the show's director, said 27 children ages 5 to 18 performed and 150 tickets were sold before the show. Tickets were also sold at the door, but she was unsure of that number.
"This is a fun show," she said. "It's all about Disney. It's usually one of the most popular shows."
Kost-Sterner said the show incorporates songs from many Disney favorites, including "The Lion King," "Pocahontas," "Aladdin" and "Mary Poppins," while one of the newer movies represented was "Tangled."
Tyler Pangonis, 18, of Saint Clair, served as master of ceremonies.
"Right now you will be entertained by about 30 very talented performers singing some of your favorite Disney songs," he said, and an ensemble of younger performers began the show with "When You Wish Upon A Star" from "Pinnochio."
The show also featured four Disney princesses - Ariel from "The Little Mermaid," portrayed by Celena Granito, 14, of Orwigsburg, who performed "Part Of Your World"; Pocahontas, played by Brittany Ebeling, 17, of Hamburg, who performed "Just Around The River Bend"; Cinderella, brought to the stage by Lauren Hunter, 13, of Pottsville, who performed "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"; and Belle from "Beauty and the Beast," a role played by Gabrielle Quandel, 15, of Hegins, who performed "A Change In Me."
Kost-Sterner said PGTC also had a fundraiser for the theater earlier Sunday at the Pottsville Senior Center called "Afternoon with the Princesses," and all four princesses were there.
"We usually do this show in November, but we're doing our first musical, 'Annie,' " Kost-Sterner said.
The shows will be held Nov. 22 to 24 at the Sovereign Majestic Theater.
For more information, visit the Pottsville Gymnastics & Theatrical Center Inc. page on Facebook, email email@example.com or call 570-628-4966.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief