Miguel Alexander Pozo has been named president of the Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA), the group announced.
Mr. Pozo, a brand lawyer and litigation partner at Lowenstein Sandler PC in Roseland, N.J., took over as president during the HNBA's 38th annual convention in Denver in early September.
He was elected to the NHBA's Board of Governors in 2004 and last year served as the national finance director. Mr. Pozo was co-chair of the 2012 HNBA Corporate Counsel Conference and 17th annual Uvaldo Herrera National Moot Court, which drew 800 attendees.
"We have accomplished much in the 41 years since the HNBA was founded," Mr. Pozo said in a statement. "However, more remains to be done. Next year we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 yet we are reminded of how critical the work of this Association continues to be."
Mr. Pozo became a partner in Lowenstein Sandler in January 2007 and has more than 14 years of experience representing Fortune 500 companies, nonprofit organizations and businesses in state and federal litigation. He also serves as the editor in chief of DiversityisNatural.com, a website launched by Lowenstein Sandler dedicated to fostering the advancement of women and minorities in the legal community.
Honors for Mr. Pozo include being named "2011 Professional Lawyer of the Year" awarded by the New Jersey Commission on Professionalism and Law, and he has received honorary degrees from Bloomfield College and Phoenix School of Law.
The NHBA is a nonprofit organization that represents the interest of more than 100,000 Hispanic attorneys, judges and other legal professionals in the U.S.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million