NanoSight has developed and commercialized a unique and patented technology, Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis (NTA). The company's instrumentation and software enable the rapid and simultaneous multi-parameter analysis and characterization of many different types of nanoscale particles. With their ability to analyze particle size, concentration, zeta potential and aggregation, NanoSight systems are closely aligned with Malvern's market-leading Zetasizer range, extending Malvern's solutions for those working at the nanoscale.
Currently the largest applications area for NTA is in life sciences, for the measurement of biological nanoparticles, where one of the most exciting and rapidly expanding fields is exosomes. These are intercellular messengers whose quantity and biochemical composition reflect the disease status of an individual. NanoSight technology uniquely provides quantitative detection and characterization capabilities to make exosomes a viable proposition as biomarkers for drug discovery, disease prognosis, diagnosis and monitoring, as well as personalized medicine.
"NanoSight's unique technology has become accepted in laboratories around the world and is widely cited in research publications. With rapid advances in nanomaterials and the life sciences, in biopharmaceuticals especially, the demand for new technologies to answer continually evolving analytical challenges has never been greater. This is a very exciting time and by bringing together complementary, leading edge technologies, Malvern continues to focus on delivering the analytical tools which laboratories so urgently need."
NanoSight employs around 50 people worldwide and will continue to operate from its current facilities in Amesbury,
Most Popular Stories
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- Contest Gives Startups a Jump in Jersey
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy