BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 09/30/13 -- Charlesbank Capital Partners announces the appointment of John Vander Vort as its new Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Vander Vort joins Charlesbank from MPM Capital, one of the world's largest venture capital firms dedicated to the life sciences. He joined MPM in 2005 and served as Chief Operating Officer and Chief Compliance Officer.
Prior to MPM, Mr. Vander Vort directed the private markets group at DuPont Capital Management and also cofounded BlueStream Ventures. He previously spent several years in investment banking and corporate law practice. He earned a BA from Amherst College, where he captained the varsity hockey team, and a JD from The University of Chicago.
Mr. Vander Vort takes over the COO position from Charlesbank co-founder Michael Thonis, who will continue as a Managing Director with the firm, focusing on investor relations. "John's deep experience, leadership ability and personality are an excellent fit with Charlesbank's values and commitment to excellence," says Mr. Thonis. "We look forward to his playing a significant role in our firm's continued growth."
Other members of Charlesbank's senior administrative team include Kevin Brown, Chief Financial Officer; Tami Nason, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer; David Kwan, Vice President, Finance; Rich Owens, Vice President of Information Technology; and Maura Turner, Vice President of Communications and Investor Relations.
About Charlesbank Capital Partners
Based in Boston and New York, Charlesbank Capital Partners is a middle-market private equity investment firm managing more than $2 billion of capital. Charlesbank focuses on management-led buyouts and growth capital financings, typically investing $50 million to $150 million in companies with enterprise values of $100 million to $750 million. The firm seeks to partner with strong management teams to build companies with sustainable competitive advantages and excellent prospects for growth. For more information, visit www.charlesbank.com.
Maura M. Turner
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'