SAN DIEGO (AP) — Active Network Inc., a provider of cloud-based services, is being taken private for about $904.8 million by private equity firm Vista Equity Partners.
Vista will pay $14.50 per share, a 27 percent premium to Active's Friday closing price of $11.40. The companies put the transaction's total value at approximately $1.05 billion. FactSet says Active has about 62.4 million outstanding shares.
Active Network stock jumped $3, or 26.3 percent, to $14.40 in premarket trading Monday.
Active Network said that it expects the buyout to close before the fourth quarter's end.
The San Diego company expects to report its third-quarter financial results on Oct. 30.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Vista Equity buying Active Network for $904.8M
Most Popular Stories
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash
- Portugal Bank Fears Spark Selloff
- Border Crisis Could Lead to Faster Deportations