SAN DIEGO (AP) — Active Network Inc., a provider of cloud-based services, is being taken private for about $904.8 million by private equity firm Vista Equity Partners.
Vista will pay $14.50 per share, a 27 percent premium to Active's Friday closing price of $11.40. The companies put the transaction's total value at approximately $1.05 billion. FactSet says Active has about 62.4 million outstanding shares.
Active Network stock jumped $3, or 26.3 percent, to $14.40 in premarket trading Monday.
Active Network said that it expects the buyout to close before the fourth quarter's end.
The San Diego company expects to report its third-quarter financial results on Oct. 30.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Vista Equity buying Active Network for $904.8M
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects