The programme for a free festival in Nottingham has been unveiled. The Night of Festivals Touring event supported by Nottingham City Council is set for Nottingham's Old Market Square on September 13 and 14.
An array of free family activities includes presentations of carnival costumes, puppets, storytelling, and live music, plus theatre performance by Mandinga Arts and Paraiso Samba who will be parading a five metre high, fluorescent Giant Skeleton.
A storytelling cafe will present 30 minute performances every hour with stories from around the world.
Live music and theatre also takes place in the City Arts theatre dome with participation opportunities - families will be invited to don their wellies for South African gum boots workshops, or explore thpercussion in a workshop with Indian artist Sandeep Raval.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation