The programme for a free festival in Nottingham has been unveiled. The Night of Festivals Touring event supported by Nottingham City Council is set for Nottingham's Old Market Square on September 13 and 14.
An array of free family activities includes presentations of carnival costumes, puppets, storytelling, and live music, plus theatre performance by Mandinga Arts and Paraiso Samba who will be parading a five metre high, fluorescent Giant Skeleton.
A storytelling cafe will present 30 minute performances every hour with stories from around the world.
Live music and theatre also takes place in the City Arts theatre dome with participation opportunities - families will be invited to don their wellies for South African gum boots workshops, or explore thpercussion in a workshop with Indian artist Sandeep Raval.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls