The programme for a free festival in Nottingham has been unveiled. The Night of Festivals Touring event supported by Nottingham City Council is set for Nottingham's Old Market Square on September 13 and 14.
An array of free family activities includes presentations of carnival costumes, puppets, storytelling, and live music, plus theatre performance by Mandinga Arts and Paraiso Samba who will be parading a five metre high, fluorescent Giant Skeleton.
A storytelling cafe will present 30 minute performances every hour with stories from around the world.
Live music and theatre also takes place in the City Arts theatre dome with participation opportunities - families will be invited to don their wellies for South African gum boots workshops, or explore thpercussion in a workshop with Indian artist Sandeep Raval.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Joseph Swedish: WellPoint Readies for Tech Wave
- N.D. Pipeline Cleanup Could Take Weeks
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment