The programme for a free festival in Nottingham has been unveiled. The Night of Festivals Touring event supported by Nottingham City Council is set for Nottingham's Old Market Square on September 13 and 14.
An array of free family activities includes presentations of carnival costumes, puppets, storytelling, and live music, plus theatre performance by Mandinga Arts and Paraiso Samba who will be parading a five metre high, fluorescent Giant Skeleton.
A storytelling cafe will present 30 minute performances every hour with stories from around the world.
Live music and theatre also takes place in the City Arts theatre dome with participation opportunities - families will be invited to don their wellies for South African gum boots workshops, or explore thpercussion in a workshop with Indian artist Sandeep Raval.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays