The programme for a free festival in Nottingham has been unveiled. The Night of Festivals Touring event supported by Nottingham City Council is set for Nottingham's Old Market Square on September 13 and 14.
An array of free family activities includes presentations of carnival costumes, puppets, storytelling, and live music, plus theatre performance by Mandinga Arts and Paraiso Samba who will be parading a five metre high, fluorescent Giant Skeleton.
A storytelling cafe will present 30 minute performances every hour with stories from around the world.
Live music and theatre also takes place in the City Arts theatre dome with participation opportunities - families will be invited to don their wellies for South African gum boots workshops, or explore thpercussion in a workshop with Indian artist Sandeep Raval.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag