* SPURGIE & FRIENDS: 6 to 8 p.m. Free. Original rootsy R&B. Tricky Fish, 1611 Washington St. E. Call 304-344-FISH.
* THE GATHERING AT SWEET CREEK 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at 316 Sugar Camp Road, W.Va. 21, and located 2 1/2 miles off the Mineral Wells exit of Interstate 77. Call Steve Parker at 304-489-2042.
* "WIND IN THE WILLOWS": 2 p.m. Adults $15. Seniors and children 12 and younger $10. The adventures of Mr. Toad, Badger, Rat and Mole and their whimsical escapades. Alban Arts Center, 65 Olde Main St., St. Albans. Call 304-721-8896.
* AUNT JENNIE MUSIC FESTIVAL 1 to 8 p.m., Chief Logan State Park. The free festival is hosted by old-time/folk musician Roger Bryant, who will also perform. He is the grandson of West Virginia folk legend Virginia Myrtle "Aunt Jennie" Wilson. Performers are Cora and Fred Hairston, The Earl of Elkview, Robert Shafer and The Pour House Band, The Samples Brothers, the Stewarts and the Street Players. The festival will be in the Pickin' in the Park theater in the former park stables building, about halfway between the amphitheater and the campgrounds. Call Elizabeth Williams at 304-792-7229.
* HOLLY RIVER FESTIVAL: Noon, Holly River State Park in Hacker Valley, Webster County. It features live bluegrass music, a wide variety of craft vendors, antique/vintage car show, games, apple butter making, cakewalks, hayrides, a craft auction, one-room school museum and more. Call the park office at 304-493-6353.
* LST 325 WORLD WAR II ERA MUSEUM SHIP TOUR: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Haddad Riverfront Park. Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for youth ages 5 to 17 and free for children younger than 5. Family passes are $20.
* KANAWHA TRAIL CLUB HIKE: Kanawha State Forest. Meet at 1:30 p.m. to carpool from Ohio and Randolph streets. Regroup at KTC swimming pool parking area. The hike will be on the Davis Creek/ Rattlesnake/Boundary Road/Overlook trails. The hike is about 4 miles on a moderate trail with some steep grades.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release