By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY
NEW YORK - LeBron James is joining forces with Starz and the man behind classic shows like "The Cosby Show" to create a sitcom that will touch on something he knows a lot about - "Survivor's Remorse."
The Miami Heat star will be the executive producer of the half-hour show. It will focus on two people who make it big after getting out of Philadelphia's inner city and will chronicle the characters as they try to adjust to that fame along with feelings of guilt for having made it while peers are still struggling.
James is working on the project with his business partner and longtime friend Maverick Carter, along with Tom Werner, the force behind shows such as "The Cosby Show" and "Roseanne." Actor Mike O'Malley will also be an executive producer.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.