By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY
NEW YORK - LeBron James is joining forces with Starz and the man behind classic shows like "The Cosby Show" to create a sitcom that will touch on something he knows a lot about - "Survivor's Remorse."
The Miami Heat star will be the executive producer of the half-hour show. It will focus on two people who make it big after getting out of Philadelphia's inner city and will chronicle the characters as they try to adjust to that fame along with feelings of guilt for having made it while peers are still struggling.
James is working on the project with his business partner and longtime friend Maverick Carter, along with Tom Werner, the force behind shows such as "The Cosby Show" and "Roseanne." Actor Mike O'Malley will also be an executive producer.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation