Lana Del Rey has notched her first Top 10 Hit on Billboard's Hot 100 with "Summertime Sadness (Lana Del Rey Vs. Cedric Gervais Remix)."
The amped-up dance mix of the penultimate track from Lana's multi-platinum debut album Born To Die, highlights the singer-songwriter's dramatic delivery and haunting vocals, already hitting #8 on the Top 40 chart.
Born To Die debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200 when it arrived last year, and it was hailed as "A literate, emotional collection of beautifully crafted, pithily memorable songs" by the Telegraph and "An alluring potion of sultry torch pop, hypnotic trip-hop and David Lynchian atmospherics" by People. Building on the success of singles including "Summertime Sadness," the album re-entered the chart's Top 20 in August 2013 -- 81 weeks after its initial release -- demonstrating its alluring beauty and incredible longevity, selling over 5 million combined units worldwide to date.
The latest success of "Summertime Sadness" follows a massive summer for Del Rey with stellar performances across her sold out headline tour of the UK and Europe and at Chicago's Lollapalooza. Lana hit the Hot 100 with "Young and Beautiful," the gorgeous ballad she contributed to Baz Lurhmann's The Great Gatsby. She's also been at work on Tropico, a 30-minute short film directed by Anthony Mandler that will highlight several tracks from her 2012 release Paradise, including "Gods and Monsters," "Bel Air" and "Body Electric."
LANA DEL REY BORN TO DIE (INTERSCOPE)
"Immensely appealing... a fully defined sound worth surrendering to." - SPIN
"Homegirl can sing her ass off" - COMPLEX
"Lush, beautiful pop music to luxuriate in" - THE GUARDIAN
"A likable and promising album... Her innovation is to sneak the cadences of hip hop into throwback torch songs" - TIME MAGAZINE
"A skillful blend of synthetic nostalgia and teen-age emotions" - THE NEW YORKER
"Intelligent, ambitious, and brilliantly realized" - BBC
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'