AMIABLE northerner Jason Manford brings his First World Problems tour to Birmingham for two nights this week.
The former star of The One Show and 8 Out of 10 Cats promises anecdotes, comic misunderstandings and audience banter, all delivered with his natural Salford charm and timing.
Since he was last on the road, Jason has branched out into musical theatre after his opera singing turn saw him emerge as the winner on ITV's Born To Shine. He put his new found talent into practice joining Alfie Boe on tour prior to a well-received run in the West-End hit Sweeney Todd.
However, his comedy bones weren't completely idle with a host of TV appearances including QI, Big Fat Quiz of the Year and Comedy World Cup.
He said: "Some might think I've had a career change what with all the opera and musical theatre I've been doing lately. Not a chance, I'm excited to be getting back to what I really love the most - stand up."
Jason established himself as a nationally known comic following sets on BBC's Live at the Apollo and Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow. He also hosted a number of TV shows including ITV's reality comedy competition, Show Me the Funny.
Jason Manford performs at New Alexandra Theatre, Birmingham tomorrow and Thursday. Tickets cost Pounds 27.40. Visit www.atgtickets/com.
SARAH PROBERT DON'T MISS YOUR 24-PAGE ENTERTAINMENT GUIDE - EVERY FRIDAY
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama