AMIABLE northerner Jason Manford brings his First World Problems tour to Birmingham for two nights this week.
The former star of The One Show and 8 Out of 10 Cats promises anecdotes, comic misunderstandings and audience banter, all delivered with his natural Salford charm and timing.
Since he was last on the road, Jason has branched out into musical theatre after his opera singing turn saw him emerge as the winner on ITV's Born To Shine. He put his new found talent into practice joining Alfie Boe on tour prior to a well-received run in the West-End hit Sweeney Todd.
However, his comedy bones weren't completely idle with a host of TV appearances including QI, Big Fat Quiz of the Year and Comedy World Cup.
He said: "Some might think I've had a career change what with all the opera and musical theatre I've been doing lately. Not a chance, I'm excited to be getting back to what I really love the most - stand up."
Jason established himself as a nationally known comic following sets on BBC's Live at the Apollo and Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow. He also hosted a number of TV shows including ITV's reality comedy competition, Show Me the Funny.
Jason Manford performs at New Alexandra Theatre, Birmingham tomorrow and Thursday. Tickets cost Pounds 27.40. Visit www.atgtickets/com.
SARAH PROBERT DON'T MISS YOUR 24-PAGE ENTERTAINMENT GUIDE - EVERY FRIDAY
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- 3.4 Million Now Insured Under Covered California
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio