Sept. 03--Sections of Dietz Street off of Main Street will be closed today and Sept. 15 for a film project that includes cast members from television and movies by an independent company, city officials said.
The Oneonta Common Council on Aug. 23 approved a street closure permit for filming of "The Automatic Hate" from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. both days. Oneonta City Manager Michael Long said previously that a film-making firm proposed using Dietz Street between Main Street and the NBT Bank drive-through site.
The city wants to maintain access to businesses in the area and to the Wall Street parking lot, according to Long, and vehicular and pedestrian traffic would be permitted or restricted depending on filming.
Cindy Staffin, owner of Transitions Boutiques at 4 Dietz St., posted Saturday on Facebook that the store will be closed today and set designers were at the store setting up for a scene.
"They put a small sign in the window that says 'Medical Marijuana,'" she said on Facebook. "I asked about it and was told that a character in the movie owns a vintage clothing store/medical marijuana dispensary."
Act Zero Films will be co-producing and providing production services for the independent feature film, "The Automatic Hate," according to the Brooklyn-based firm's website. The film is produced by Anonymous Content's Alix Madigan and Lacey Leavitt and directed by Justin Lerner.
According to the IMDb website, data for "The Automatic Hate" lists cast including Lesley Ann Warren, nominated for an Oscar as best supporting actress in "Victor Victoria" and Joseph Cross, who appeared in "Strangers With Candy."
Filming locations are to include Oneonta, Mount Vision and Cooperstown, the site said.
(c)2013 The Daily Star (Oneonta, N.Y.)
Visit The Daily Star (Oneonta, N.Y.) at www.thedailystar.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law