Amazon.com on Tuesday unveiled the second generation of its Kindle
Paperwhite, set to ship on Sept. 30.
The Seattle technology company said the new Kindle Paperweight, first unveiled last year, features a new display with higher contrast, faster processor and improved touch recognition. It also can be integrated with e-reading community Goodreads, has built-in parental controls and "smart lookup" technology.
It's slightly lighter than the original version at 7.3 ounces. It will cost $119 or $139 for an ad-free version.
It is already available for pre-order.
(c)2013 the Chicago Tribune
Visit the Chicago Tribune at www.chicagotribune.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Liverpool Sells Luis Suarez to Barcelona