Amazon.com on Tuesday unveiled the second generation of its Kindle
Paperwhite, set to ship on Sept. 30.
The Seattle technology company said the new Kindle Paperweight, first unveiled last year, features a new display with higher contrast, faster processor and improved touch recognition. It also can be integrated with e-reading community Goodreads, has built-in parental controls and "smart lookup" technology.
It's slightly lighter than the original version at 7.3 ounces. It will cost $119 or $139 for an ad-free version.
It is already available for pre-order.
(c)2013 the Chicago Tribune
Visit the Chicago Tribune at www.chicagotribune.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore