Amazon.com on Tuesday unveiled the second generation of its Kindle
Paperwhite, set to ship on Sept. 30.
The Seattle technology company said the new Kindle Paperweight, first unveiled last year, features a new display with higher contrast, faster processor and improved touch recognition. It also can be integrated with e-reading community Goodreads, has built-in parental controls and "smart lookup" technology.
It's slightly lighter than the original version at 7.3 ounces. It will cost $119 or $139 for an ad-free version.
It is already available for pre-order.
(c)2013 the Chicago Tribune
Visit the Chicago Tribune at www.chicagotribune.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response