Despite dismal sales and struggling to stay afloat in the sea of competitors, troubled Canadian smartphone makers BlackBerry have announced the official successor to the Z10 the BlackBerry Z30. With some upgrades under the hood, a 5" display pushing it into phablet territory and new features courtesy of BB10 Os version 10.2, BlackBerry claims that the Z30 is the 'biggest, fastest and most advanced smartphone' the company has made.
The Z30 is built around a 5" 1280x720 pixel Super AMOLED display, which is the same resolution as the Z10, giving it slightly less pixel density. Inside is a dualcore 1.7GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro, 2GB RAM and Adreno 320 GPU. There's also a bigger 2,880mAh battery, which BlackBerry claims is a first for its product line and is nonremovable, or sealed in. Despite being taller and wider, the Z30 is still only a millimetre thicker than its predecessor. Internal storage remains at 16GB, with the option for MicroSD expansion. The Z30 will support 4G LTE, dual band WiFi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC. It will come with an 8MP rear shooter with an f2.2 aperture lens good for 1080p video capture, while the front module is a 2MP unit which can capture 720p video, similar to the Z10.
Other tweaks include a better antenna for improved reception in low signal areas and faster data, as well as audio enhance ment for BBM voice and video chats. The BB10 OS version 10.2 brings with it the BB Priority Hub, a feature similar to Gmail's Priority Inbox. You can also pre view messages throughout the UI and on the lockscreen, with the added ability to reply to mes sages from whatever app you are currently in. The BlackBerry Z30 will be available in parts of the
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.