An exploration of the Arcada Theatre's fall lineup will find a tribute to a king, a Bronx tale, a magician, a British rock legend and a princess turned jazz musician.
The fall season continues on Saturday, Sept. 28, with a show that mingles three international Elvis competition champions representing the "three faces" of Elvis. The season concludes with a series of Christmas-themed shows including notable appearances by Wynonna Judd and John Tesh. In between are several other big-name acts, including a couple of entertainers appearing in a fashion a bit different from what the general public may be used to.
Lisa Marie Presley, Los Lonely Boys and Michael Bolton will be among the biggest attractions at the theater this fall. But those looking to be entertained by one of their favorites, with a twist, can look forward to Chazz Palminteri and Molly Ringwald gracing the Arcada stage.
Palminteri will perform the one-man play that gained him his entry into Hollywood. Palminteri wrote "A Bronx Tale" in 1989 about a killing he saw in the Bronx when he was just 9 years old. He refused to sell the screenplay unless the buyer agreed to cast him as "Sonny." Palminteri has been a box office star ever since.
Likewise, Ringwald got her break in the 80s, and she hasn't turned her back on movie that made her a film icon. Ringwald recently released her first jazz album, "Except Sometimes." It includes her rendition of "Don't You (Forget About Me)," the best- known song off the soundtrack to The Breakfast Club. The movie famously dubbed her "the princess" in the final scene while becoming one of the films best associated with the generation that came of age in the 80s. Ringwald will appear with a full jazz quartet at the Arcada to perform songs from her debut album.
Tickets for all shows are available at the Arcada box office or online at
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security