The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) announced its partnership with Etisalat & du to launch its first 'Smart Nol' Service for
"We are providing this service for NFC enabled mobile phone user via a special SIM card to use NOL services for public transport and in future for micropayments in
"By virtue of this pivotal service, you can use your NFC phone to check in and check out at the metro stations, public bus and water bus as well as reload and check your Nol balance" added
"RTA always endeavors to harness the latest technology so as to introduce to the public whatever makes their daily commute via public transport modes safe, smooth, enjoyable and assist them to reach their varied destinations in the nick of time," he continued.
Commuters can utilize RTA's Smart NOL technology by placing their mobile devices against the card readers at the passing gates of the metro stations, or validator devices onboard public buses and water buses. Smart NOL can be used to pay for daily trips via certified NFC enabled devices.
"Our relationship with the RTA is long standing and we proud that we are providing Wi-Fi across all metro stations and onboard, since 2010 we have ensured that commuters enjoy world-class broadband services on-the-move. "
The NFC SIM cards will be available at Etisalat and du business centers from Sunday,
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court