The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A system and method for displaying complex scripts with a cloud computing architecture may include a client device and a cloud computing server. The client device accesses a web application via the internet and transmits a request containing complex scripts to the cloud computing server. The cloud computing server parses the text and breaks the text down to a sequence of characters of a particular script, and maps the Unicode of each character to a particular glyph to obtain a glyph ID for each character making a one to one relationship. The cloud computing server analyzes each character, assigns, and applies specific font related operations to each glyph. The cloud computing server optimizes and compresses the glyph ID and positioning data, and transmit the compressed data back to the client device to be rendered on the display of the client device."
The patent application was filed on
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim