The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) sensor (20) includes a substrate (26) and suspension anchors (34, 36) formed on a planar surface (28) of the substrate (26). The MEMS sensor (20) further includes a first movable element (38) and a second movable element (40) suspended above the substrate (26). Compliant members (42, 44) interconnect the first movable element (38) with the suspension anchor 34 and compliant members (46, 48) interconnect the second movable element (40) with the suspension anchor (36). The movable elements (38, 40) have an equivalent shape. The movable elements may be generally rectangular movable elements (38, 40) or L-shaped movable elements (108, 110) in a nested configuration. The movable elements (38, 40) are oriented relative to one another in rotational symmetry about a point location (94) on the substrate (26)."
The patent application was filed on
Written by Satyaban Rath; edited by
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- 18 L.A. Sheriff's Deputies Face U.S. Charges
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women