The evolution of IT, all of you are here because you want to improve and support the business through consolidation, networking, virtualization etc. IT is moving from being support to being central to businesses, this is what is driving change in the mission of enterprise businesses, and it is not only driving the center of gravity for business but also building it.
With every disruption, there is an opportunity, stepping into perspective, think about your first computer, it is like your first love you never forget about it, generations ago. Fast forwarding it to today's computer with a lot of connections that includes mobiles, sensors, the Internet of things, we are taking about having 50 billion connected airplanes by 2020, the tech platform is rapidly exploding and organizations have to manage it.
During the 2nd day of the Oracle OpenWorld conference,
So what it means to an organization's IT is that they have to be ready to handle all these data, store, analyze and put it in good use. "This best works in a connected environment to partners, vendors, suppliers and appliances not silos, all these connections are important to drive the management and use of these data in your infrastructure", says Fisher.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low