The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A composition is provided, wherein the composition comprises a water-swellable, water-insoluble polymer or a water-soluble polymer, a blend of a hydrophilic polymer and a complementary oligomer capable of hydrogen bonding to the hydrophilic polymer. The composition also includes a second water-swellable, water-insoluble polymer that provides for a phase separating film forming composition. Active ingredients, such as a whitening agent, may be included. The composition finds utility as an oral dressing, for example, a tooth whitening composition that is applied to the teeth in need of whitening, and removed when the degree of whitening has been achieved. In certain embodiments, the composition is translucent. Methods for preparing and using the compositions are also disclosed."
The patent application was filed on
Written by Satyaban Rath; edited by
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets