Weltrend is looking to start mass shipments of SDIO encryption ICs for use in NFC-capable handsets in the first quarter of 2014, according to the company.
The smartphone-use chip integrates Weltrend's SDIO chips for credit-card applications and NFC and NAND flash chips from other vendors into a micro SD card to form an integrated solution, Weltrend said.
The NFC-enabled smartphone SDIO chips are being verified by a number of COS (card operation system) operators, and the verification procedures are likely to complete in the fourth quarter of 2013, paving the way for Weltrend to begin volume shipments of the chips in the first quarter of 2014, the company noted.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs