The University of Michigan and Thomson Reuters Final sentiment index for September fell to 77.5 from 82.1 in August. This topped the preliminary estimate at 76.8, while analysts called for an upgrade to 78.0.
The index for economic conditions fell to 92.6 in September, from 95.2 the month before.
The index for consumer expectations dropped to 67.8 from 73.7.
Inflation expectations for a year from September increased to 3.3 percent from 3.0 percent in June.
Inflation expectations for 5 years rose to 3.0 percent from 2.9 percent.
(c) 2013 ICN.COM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: University of Michigan consumer sentiment index revised higher, down from prior month
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets