Shares of Pattern Energy are on the rise after the wind power company raised more than $300 million in its initial public offering.
The 16 million shares priced $22 per share Friday, which is above expectations. The company expects $318.6 million in proceeds after expenses and underwriting discounts.
Shares of Pattern Energy Group Inc. rose $1.15, or 5.2 percent, to $23.15. The shares are trading on the Nasdaq Global Market under the ticker symbol "PEGI."
The underwriters of the IPO will have an option to buy another 2.4 million shares.
Pattern Energy is based in San Francisco and has eight projects in U.S., Canada and Chile.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Pattern Energy rises after IPO raises $319M
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations