Shares of Pattern Energy are on the rise after the wind power company raised more than $300 million in its initial public offering.
The 16 million shares priced $22 per share Friday, which is above expectations. The company expects $318.6 million in proceeds after expenses and underwriting discounts.
Shares of Pattern Energy Group Inc. rose $1.15, or 5.2 percent, to $23.15. The shares are trading on the Nasdaq Global Market under the ticker symbol "PEGI."
The underwriters of the IPO will have an option to buy another 2.4 million shares.
Pattern Energy is based in San Francisco and has eight projects in U.S., Canada and Chile.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Pattern Energy rises after IPO raises $319M
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling