Shares of Pattern Energy are on the rise after the wind power company raised more than $300 million in its initial public offering.
The 16 million shares priced $22 per share Friday, which is above expectations. The company expects $318.6 million in proceeds after expenses and underwriting discounts.
Shares of Pattern Energy Group Inc. rose $1.15, or 5.2 percent, to $23.15. The shares are trading on the Nasdaq Global Market under the ticker symbol "PEGI."
The underwriters of the IPO will have an option to buy another 2.4 million shares.
Pattern Energy is based in San Francisco and has eight projects in U.S., Canada and Chile.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Pattern Energy rises after IPO raises $319M
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?