The National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures has chosen the Bronx, N.Y. as the host city for the 2013 NALAC regional arts training workshop titled "NALAC Art Talks." The event is Saturday, Sept. 28.
Each year NALAC hosts its regional arts training workshop throughout the country which brings together national arts experts and local arts professionals to create dialogue about issues that are important to the arts field and to the local community. The workshops include panel discussions, networking, luncheon, performances and evening reception.
The "NALAC Art Talks-The Bronx" agenda features a keynote address "In Our Own Voices, 21st Century Latino Narrative" by Brian Herrera; various sessions including Dual Artist Economies, Cultivating Individual Donors, and Cultural Space Stewardship; performances by Radio Jarocho; Caridad de la Luz "La Bruja", Milteri Tucker and the Bombazo Dance Co.; and an evening reception.
(Follow NALAC on Twitter: @nalac_arts)
To date, NALAC has made many investments in the East Coast through its various programs including one national conference, three national conversations, four regional arts training workshops, four NALAC Advocacy Leadership Alumni, 46 NALAC Leadership Institute Alumni, and almost $500,000 distributed through its three grant programs (NALAC Fund for the Arts, Transnational Cultural Remittances Program, and Diverse Art Spaces).
The 2013 Regional Arts Training Workshop - Bronx, NY is made possible with support from: Southwest Airlines, Pregones Theater, Hostos Community College, National Endowment on the Arts, Open Society Foundations, Rhode Island State Council on the Arts, AS220, Bronx Council on the Arts, Acacia Network, anonymous donors and NALAC members and volunteers.
For more information about NALAC Regional Arts Training Workshops, click here .
And for a complete agenda, click here.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids