The report also shows that Telecom Personal, which has been very active in encouraging smartphone adoption, is currently the operator with the highest data revenue ratio in the market at 52.3 percent in 2012.
The research also found that the proliferation of smartphones has contributed to change data consumption patterns among mobile phone subscribers. The use of mobile email, social network platforms and OTT mobile apps, such as Whatsapp, has grown rapidly, boosting data traffic growth. As a result, and following the global trend, SMS traffic has started to decline, decreasing progressively, she notes.
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition