The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A power isolation system and method is disclosed. The system includes a transformer suitable for use in the power isolation system, and a semiconductor device electrically connected to the transformer to provide a reduction of the inrush current associated with powering the transformer, wherein the semiconductor device is activated upon power up based upon the previous shutdown state of the power isolation system to provide a soft start to the transformer, and after activation of the transformer, the semiconductor device is shorted in the system."
The patent application was filed on
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.
- Gay Athletes Part of U.S. Sochi Group
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama