The company will receive a
MetaOptima's product, Molescope, is an innovative app that helps users detect the onset of skin cancer. It provides a professional self-screening imaging device that comes with educational software, online consulting and local referrals to bring peace of mind for users and save lives.
The company is a resident client at SFU's Venture Connection (http://www.ventureconnection.sfu.ca/) incubator offices at SFU-Surrey. Venture Connection, in partnership with Coast Capital Savings (https://www.coastcapitalsavings.com/), provides entrepreneurship training services and opportunities for SFU students and recent alumni.
"SFU and Venture Connection, the university's world class entrepreneurship, mentoring and new venture development program, congratulate the MetaOptima team and their Venture Connection mentor,
The top prize went to Vonigo, a cloud-based business management system while second and third prizes went to AbCeller, a biotech company, and messaging specialists SmartPagerSystems.
MetaOptima's recognition follows in the footsteps of Venture Connection Alumni client HiretheWorld, which took first place at
In addition to running her company, Sadeghi, who recently earned her PhD at SFU, is currently working with SFU professor
support of over 150 volunteers, provided mentorship to over 200 student teams and business development services to over 120 early-stage startups.
CC AutoTriage5rn-130927-30FurigayJane-4502518 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Revised GDP Up 4.1 Percent in 3rd Quarter
- Insurance Rule Change Angers Industry
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Obama Opens Last-Minute Loophole in Insurance Law
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- Obama's Dad Was Abusive Drunk, Half Brother Says