Sept. 26--"Saturday Night Live" enters its 39th season this weekend -- with the premiere hosted by the incomparable Tina Fey -- and the show will welcome six brand-new cast members to its late-night family.
The newbies come from a range of comedic backgrounds, including stand-up, writing, improv, theater and online comedy, and will all make their debuts on Saturday.
Here are the new faces you'll be seeing:
Beck Bennett: You'll probably recognize Bennett as the deadpan adult at the table in AT&T's current ad campaign, but before that he was a founding member of the Good Neighbor sketch group. He has also been a regular at the Upright Citizens Brigade since 2007.
Noel Wells: A regular in online comedy outlets including Funny or Die, collegehumor.com and cracked.com, Wells has been in ad campaigns and indie films and, like many "SNL" cast members, has worked with UCB.
Kyle Mooney: A co-founder of Good Neighbor with Bennett, Mooney is a regular with UCB and also stars in HBO's "Hello Ladies." He has also appeared on NBC's "Parks and Recreation."
Brooks Wheelan: Wheelan has performed at a host of spots in the Midwest, and has written for college humor.com. He was a performer at The Second City in Chicago, as well as the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.
John Milhiser: A co-founder of serious lunch.com, Milhiser has been a performer at UCB since 2009 and done one-man shows in New York and Los Angeles theaters.
Mike O'Brien: O'Brien has been a writer for "SNL" since '09, and before that became "Internet famous" for hosting the online show "7 Minutes in Heaven."
Visit amNewYork at www.amny.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- Debt Ceiling Looms Again as Deadline Approaches
- Deportation Threat Looms Larger Than Citizenship Among Hispanics
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Senate Nears Approval of Defense Bill