Nicosia, Cyprus (PRWEB UK) 27 September 2013
Hyperion Systems Engineering (Hyperion), the leading independent solutions provider to the global process industries, announces that it will supply a generic Operator Training Simulator System (OTS) and the civil works of the OTS room for the Reverse Osmosis (RO) Project, at the Training Center of Saline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC), in Saudi Arabia.
Hyperion Simulation will be the main supplier of the OTS system, and responsible for the functionality and handover of the complete system. Hyperion will also manage a sub-contractor, conducting the civil works portion of the project. To obtain more information on this and other Hyperion OTS projects, please visit: http://www.hyperionsystems.net/ots.
Hyperion Simulation’s responsibilities on the project will include:
• Development of the dynamic process models for the Reverse Osmosis (RO) plant, using DYNSIM™ dynamic simulation software.
• Emulation of operator station (emulated DCS screens)
• Emulation of the DCS controls
• Emulation of the Safety System
• Integration of the process models with the emulated Safety System and emulated DCS
• Development of the Instructor Station
• Hardware and software procurements
• Installation and commissioning at SWCC Training Center
• Provision of appropriate training and documentation (manuals and specifications)
• Management of the subcontractor who will perform the civil works for the Reverse Osmosis OTS room of SWCC’s Training Center.
Mr. Fahad Al-Minqash, Training Administration Manager of SWCC Training Center stated, “The Reverse Osmosis OTS for our training center is an important project for us. We have many scheduled training courses on RO and we wish to enrich our theoretical training with a simulator for the process, allowing for hands-on training using the simulator. By selecting an experienced company like Hyperion, we trust that we will have a successful project delivery, in line with our expectations and requirements.”
Mr. Dean R. Jones, Executive Vice President of Hyperion Simulation stated, “We are really pleased by the fact that SWCC has selected Hyperion Simulation for the provision of the RO OTS for its Training Center. Hyperion has vast experience of working on Operator Training Simulator projects with a range of different chemical processes and DCS suppliers. With its experience Hyperion can develop and deliver this generic OTS system, capable to sharpen the understanding of control room operators, operating supervisors, and other plant operators. The use of the simulator, will allow the trainees to gain operating experience, confidence, and accuracy in normal and abnormal plant operations.”
About Saline Water Conversion Corporation
Saline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC) is a Saudi government corporation, responsible for desalinating sea water, in order to augment the supply of potable water to coastal and inland cities in the Kingdom. SWCC is also the second largest electric power producer in the Kingdom.