Dee Hoty is to star in the off-Broadway premiere of Merle Good's new play "The Preacher and the Shrink," producers announced.
Preview performances are to begin Nov. 2, with an opening night planned for Nov. 18 at Theatre Row's Beckett Theatre in Manhattan. The limited engagement is scheduled to run through Jan. 4.
Directed by Steven Yuhasz, the show will also feature Tom Galantich, Richard Thieriot, Adria Vitlar and Nicholas Urda.
"A spirited young woman makes a sexual accusation which checkmates her father, a popular and respected pastor," a synopsis said. "They have been estranged for years by a deep grief. Will she follow through? Will he fight back? Even the psychiatrist who tries to help becomes conflicted when middle age romance develops."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping