Add international awards judge to Covington-raised film producer Dana Brunetti's ever-expanding resume.
Along with his business partner, mentor and boss Kevin Spacey, Brunetti will be a judge for the 18th Annual Webby Awards in spring 2014. The awards are intended to honor excellence in websites, online videos, smartphone apps and social media in the same way the Oscars honor movies and the Emmys honor television.
Brunetti is president of Spacey's Trigger Street Productions in Los Angeles. He's been very visible in entertainment news of late, standing up for the casting choices made for his next project, the film adaptation of E.J. James' mega-bestseller "Fifty Shades of Grey."
The Webby Awards address one of the common complaints about those other awards - that the speeches go on too long - by only allowing winners to say five words.
At the 2013 Webby Awards in May, Spacey and Brunetti received a special award as executive producers for the Netflix original series "House of Cards," in which Spacey stars. Their five words, which they spoke together: "The Oscars should do this."
- Mike Allen
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party