Sept. 27--The 2014 edition of the TCM Classic Film Festival will run April 10-13. The festival, in its fifth year, will coincide with the 20th anniversary of the Turner Classic Movies cable channel.
Passes for the 2013 TCM Classic Film Fest will go on sale in November at prices from $249 to $1,599. TCM's Robert Osborne will again serve as official host of the festival, with Ben Mankiewicz also introducing various events.
The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel will again serve as the festival's official hotel and central gathering point, with screenings and events held at the TCL Chinese Theatre and Chinese 6 Theatres, as well as the Egyptian Theatre.
Last year's festival featured world premiere restorations of Buster Keaton's silent comedy "The General," the 1963 prison break movie "The Great Escape" and the 1968 Barbra Streisand musical "Funny Girl." Perhaps expanding on the notion of what makes a film a classic, the festival also showed Ed Wood's "Plan 9 From Outer Space" and the disaster spoof "Airplane!"
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.