Sept. 27--7:30 p.m., Oriental Theatre, 2230 N. Farwell Ave.
Documentary about the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, a jazz and funk group made up of eight brothers, that explores the influence of their Chicago jazz legend father Phil Cohran and their struggle to find success on their own terms. Sonically compelling film celebrates the paternal, the fraternal and the musical principle of simplicity known as "long tones."
The Milwaukee Film Festival runs through Oct. 10. For info, go to mkefilm.org.
Keep up with the festival on film critic Duane Dudek's blog -- The Dudek Abides -- at www.jsonline.com/dudek -- and on Twitter (@TheDudekAbides).
The Journal Sentinel is a presenting sponsor of the 2013 Milwaukee Film Festival.
(c)2013 the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Visit the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel at www.jsonline.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs