"Many women veterans leave the military with a wealth of technical training and experience, but they don't know how to translate those skills into meaningful careers," said
"We look forward to working with BPW's Joining Forces Mentoring Plus to connect this pool of talented women with NCWIT's mentoring and career advancement resources (https://www.ncwit.org/resources?field_goals_tid=12&field_categories_tid=23&sort_by=field_staff_pick_value_value&sort_order=DESC&items_per_page=10), as well as NCWIT's membership network," said
Joining Forces Mentoring Plus is a FREE, "High-Tech High-Touch national mentoring program using both one-on-one contact and a sophisticated on-line platform of resources for women veterans and military and veteran spouses. Joining Forces Mentoring Plus is based on a career development model that can be used by women of all ranks, eras, and skill levels. Mentorships and resources extend beyond job attainment to support job retention and career advancement.
The underlying principle of Joining Forces Mentoring Plus is "working women helping women work", whereby working women share their experience and expertise to help veterans navigate and succeed in their personal
development plan -- identifying career interests and goals, exploring industry opportunities, translating military experiences and training into civilian work skills, advancing education, networking, preparing quality resumes and job search strategies, and addressing those life challenges that get in the way of career access and success.
To learn more about BPW's Joining Forces Mentoring Plus or to sign up to take part in the program, please visit: www.joiningforcesmentoringplus.org.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up