Sept. 26--Add international awards judge to Covington-raised film producer Dana Brunetti's ever-expanding resume.
Along with his business partner, mentor and boss Kevin Spacey, Brunetti will be a judge for the 18th Annual Webby Awards in spring 2014. The awards are intended to honor excellence in websites, online videos, smartphone apps and social media in the same way the Oscars honor movies and the Emmys honor television.
Brunetti is president of Spacey's Trigger Street Productions in Los Angeles. He's been very visible in entertainment news of late, standing up for the casting choices made for his next project, the film adaptation of E.J. James' mega-bestseller "Fifty Shades of Grey."
The Webby Awards address one of the common complaints about those other awards -- that the speeches go on too long -- by only allowing winners to say five words.
At the 2013 Webby Awards in May, Spacey and Brunetti received a special award as executive producers for the Netflix original series "House of Cards," in which Spacey stars. Their five words, which they spoke together: "The Oscars should do this."
(c)2013 The Roanoke Times (Roanoke, Va.)
Visit The Roanoke Times (Roanoke, Va.) at www.roanoke.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Debt Ceiling Looms Again as Deadline Approaches
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Deportation Threat Looms Larger Than Citizenship Among Hispanics
- Baucus May Be Next China Ambassador