A new three-member crew at the
The Soyuz spacecraft, carrying Russians
This was the shortest Soyuz flight to the ISS; the trip usually takes about two days .
During their mission, Kotov, Ryazansky and Hopkins will conduct three spacewalks, one of which will include carrying the Olympic torch into space as part of the torch relay for the 2014 Winter Games, which will be held in the Russian city of Sochi. The torch, which will arrive in November with the next three-member crew, will not be lit during the space walk for safety reasons.
International Space Station Docking After Fast Trip
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts