The Council also re-stated its commitment towards capacity building for library and information managers in the country to promote quality service delivery in libraries and information centres.
The Registrar, who is also the Chief Executive Officer of LRCN, Dr.
Addressing participants at the workshop, Dr. Okogie said, with the level of technological advancement being witnessed today, librarians should be "adequately armed with skills to become key players in the ICT techno-savvy environment."
She emphasized that librarians should deploy and apply ICTs to improve the lot of information seekers in the country. She added that they must be adept with new tools and deft in using them to create, generate and disseminate information.
She said: "Our plan is that by end of 2015, most certified librarians in
Okogie appealed to the Enugu State government to continue to support continuing professional education of their librarians to enable them provide quality service.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts