Sept. 26--Jackson Rathbone, who plays a vampire in the "Twilight" movie series, has bought a home in Studio City for $1.2 million, The Times has confirmed. The seller was electronic music pioneer Erez Eisen, who bought another house for $820,000.
Set in the Colfax Meadows area, the ranch-style home Rathbone bought includes a recently built professional-grade recording studio with a voice booth. The 2,500-square-foot home, built in 1938, has three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
There's a lagoon-style swimming pool with a tropical vibe, according to Trulia, which also reported that Rathbone recently sold a Hollywood Hills home for $1.75 million.
Eisen paid $1.1 million for the Studio City house in 2007, public records show.
Rathbone, 28, should be able to put the recording studio to good use, as he is also a musician. He has starred in the television series "Aim High" since 2011 and starred in the 2010 movie "The Last Airbender."
The midcentury house Eisen bought was not listed on the market.
Eisen and Amit Duvdevani founded Infected Mushroom in 1998. The duo have influenced the DJ and trance music scenes worldwide. "Army of Mushrooms," their most recent album, was released last year.
Burt Bakman of Keller Williams' Studio City office was Eisen's listing agent. Steven Walker of Coldwell Banker represented the buyer.
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.