The proliferation of as-a-service technology, an influx of tech-savvy workers and an increase in business complexity is widening the gap between business demand and traditional IT supply. Organizations are now struggling to deliver and manage IT using outdated management tools that were designed for a past era.
Designed for the HP BladeSystem, HP ProLiant Generation 8 (Gen8) and HP ProLiant Generation 7 servers, HP OneView is built with the best-in-class server and software technology that offers a single management platform to foster collaboration and communication with IT across the data center.
HP OneView improves the productivity for IT administrators with an intuitive user interface and automated intelligence that simplifies common tasks. The most common data center processes, such as deployment, updating, migrating and troubleshooting are reduced from hours or days to minutes. (1)
For example, provisioning hypervisors across 16 servers with traditional tools requires two hours and 50 minutes of administrative time, compared to just 14 minutes with HP OneView. The process of retiring a virtual local area network (vLAN) requires only four steps and 30 seconds of administrative time with HP OneView, compared to 480 steps and more than two hours with a traditional tool. (2)
"Social media, the consumerization of IT and changing demographics are altering how work gets done, forcing organizations to address a widening gap between enterprise demands and traditional IT supply," said
Putting a 21st century spin on data center management
To develop HP OneView, HP collaborated with more than 150 leading customers across 30 real-world data centers worldwide over four years to understand the drivers of cost, inefficiencies and delays around the most common infrastructure management tasks, processes and steps.
HP also examined everyday modern consumer applications that are purpose-built to perform specific tasks with simplicity and speed, and then applied those lessons to the complexity and scale of the data center.
HP OneView delivers unprecedented ease of use so organizations can deploy and manage HP infrastructure faster, with a 42 percent lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and a 220 percent return on investment (ROI). (3)
Additional benefits include:
- Workloads can be migrated up to five times faster than with manual operations. (4)
- The administration time to configure servers is nine times faster compared to manual operations. (5)
- Network configurations are an estimated 24 times faster as compared to manual operations. (6)
"Resource-strapped organizations today are looking for infrastructure management platforms that will unchain them from spending countless hours on mundane, administrative tasks to focus more on innovation," said
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients