The compliance deadline for the HIPAA Final Omnibus Rule was on
"The Final Omnibus Rule deadline was on Monday, meaning medical organizations had to have everything set by this past weekend," observed
AlertBoot's Full Disk Encryption and Mobile Device Management include features that are necessary for successfully complying with various HIPAA requirements regarding ePHI, including:
• Capability to remotely monitor a device's encryption status
• FIPS 140-2 validation by NIST
• AES-256 full disk encryption for protecting sensitive PHI stored on laptops
• Remote data wiping and device lock
The full list of features can be found by visiting the AlertBoot product tour page.
Noted Maliyil, "The chances that the
In addition to federal compliance issues, HIPAA covered entities must also take into account the importance patients place in the security of their personal data. While OCR may go light due to the specific circumstances of a particular data breach, research has shown that patients will not be as forgiving.
To learn more about the range of AlertBoot security software for protecting medical data, please visit our website.
AlertBoot Data Security offers a cloud-based data and mobile device security service for companies of any size who want a scalable and easy-to-deploy solution. Centrally managed through a secure web based console, AlertBoot offers mobile device management, mobile antivirus, remote wipe and lock, device auditing, USB drive and hard disk encryption managed services.
For more information on AlertBoot Mobile Security solutions, please visit http://www.alertboot.com/.
+1 702-659-8890 x3734
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11162833.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors