The National Hispanic Corporate Council (NHCC) on Thursday named Octavio A. Hinojosa Mier as its executive director.
Mr. Hinojosa Mier, who has more than nine years of experience in nonprofit executive leadership and corporate development, will direct ways to boost NHCC membership within Fortune 1000 corporations and will strengthen the organization's best practices as they relate to the U.S. Hispanic market, according to a news release.
"Octavio's impressive work navigating the nonprofit and corporate arenas, coupled with his extensive network, will help us drive new opportunities and partnerships in corporate America," Salvador Mendoza, vice president, diversity & inclusion, NBCUniversal and NHCC board chairman, said in the release.
Who's grooming Hispanics for top positions? See our 2013 Best Companies for Diversity list to find out.
Duties for Mr. Hinojosa Mier include working with Southern Methodist University (SMU) Cox School of Business, James M. Collins Executive Education Center to promote the NHCC's Corporate Executive Development Program for Hispanic managers and executives.
"The opportunity to work closely with NHCC's corporate membership opens up a whole new realm of possibilities in Latino business market growth," Mr. Hinojosa Mier said. "I am delighted to be part of this great organization, and look forward to its growing success."
Mr. Hinojosa Mier was the founding executive director of the Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute (CHLI), and was recently recognized by King Juan Carlos of Spain with the Order of Civil Merit for his leadership in promoting stronger relations between the U.S. and Spain. He earned his MPA degree at the Maxwell School of Syracuse University and a bachelor of arts degree at the University of Kansas.
The NHCC works to maximize Hispanic marketing opportunities for its corporate members. For more information, click HERE.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill