U.S. pop star Britney Spears describes Miley Cyrus as a "cool girl" and says she was happy to record a duet with her for Cyrus' upcoming album, "Bangerz."
"My manager [Larry Rudolph] is her manager and she's been working on her album lately and I've been working on an album, so we hit the studio together a lot, and she's a cool girl," Spears told E! News.
Spears, 31, and Cyrus, 20, are both former child stars who have experienced bumpy transitions in creating adult images for themselves.
After a few years of erratic behavior in her early 20s, Spears has since been focusing on her music career and two young sons.
Cyrus is the former star of the family TV series "Hannah Montana." She was criticized last month for appearing scantily clad, grinding against 36-year-old singer Robin Thicke and making vulgar gestures with a foam finger throughout her performance at the MTV Video Music Awards show.
She also recently ended her engagement to actor Liam Hemsworth, her boyfriend of more than three years.
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Britney Spears confirms duet with Miley Cyrus
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- Pakistan Library Dedicated to 'Osama bin Laden, the Martyr'
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001