U.S. pop star Britney Spears describes Miley Cyrus as a "cool girl" and says she was happy to record a duet with her for Cyrus' upcoming album, "Bangerz."
"My manager [Larry Rudolph] is her manager and she's been working on her album lately and I've been working on an album, so we hit the studio together a lot, and she's a cool girl," Spears told E! News.
Spears, 31, and Cyrus, 20, are both former child stars who have experienced bumpy transitions in creating adult images for themselves.
After a few years of erratic behavior in her early 20s, Spears has since been focusing on her music career and two young sons.
Cyrus is the former star of the family TV series "Hannah Montana." She was criticized last month for appearing scantily clad, grinding against 36-year-old singer Robin Thicke and making vulgar gestures with a foam finger throughout her performance at the MTV Video Music Awards show.
She also recently ended her engagement to actor Liam Hemsworth, her boyfriend of more than three years.
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Britney Spears confirms duet with Miley Cyrus
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes