Sept. 25--The Northwest Wind Symphony will open its 22nd season on Saturday, Oct. 19, at Corbet Theatre on the Centralia College campus with a musical salute to one of America's most prolific composers, John Williams.
Williams has written music for numerous TV programs and movies, including TV's "Gilligan's Island," the movie "Superman," as well as the Indiana Jones, "Star Wars" and Harry Potter movies. He also has composed music for "Sunday Night Football," the past four Olympic Games and "NBC Nightly News."
The concert begins at 7 p.m. Admission is $12 for adults. Children are free with a paying adult.
(c)2013 The Chronicle (Centralia, Wash.)
Visit The Chronicle (Centralia, Wash.) at www.chronline.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder