Sept. 25--The Northwest Wind Symphony will open its 22nd season on Saturday, Oct. 19, at Corbet Theatre on the Centralia College campus with a musical salute to one of America's most prolific composers, John Williams.
Williams has written music for numerous TV programs and movies, including TV's "Gilligan's Island," the movie "Superman," as well as the Indiana Jones, "Star Wars" and Harry Potter movies. He also has composed music for "Sunday Night Football," the past four Olympic Games and "NBC Nightly News."
The concert begins at 7 p.m. Admission is $12 for adults. Children are free with a paying adult.
(c)2013 The Chronicle (Centralia, Wash.)
Visit The Chronicle (Centralia, Wash.) at www.chronline.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million