Sept. 25--The Northwest Wind Symphony will open its 22nd season on Saturday, Oct. 19, at Corbet Theatre on the Centralia College campus with a musical salute to one of America's most prolific composers, John Williams.
Williams has written music for numerous TV programs and movies, including TV's "Gilligan's Island," the movie "Superman," as well as the Indiana Jones, "Star Wars" and Harry Potter movies. He also has composed music for "Sunday Night Football," the past four Olympic Games and "NBC Nightly News."
The concert begins at 7 p.m. Admission is $12 for adults. Children are free with a paying adult.
(c)2013 The Chronicle (Centralia, Wash.)
Visit The Chronicle (Centralia, Wash.) at www.chronline.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up