Sept. 25--The Northwest Wind Symphony will open its 22nd season on Saturday, Oct. 19, at Corbet Theatre on the Centralia College campus with a musical salute to one of America's most prolific composers, John Williams.
Williams has written music for numerous TV programs and movies, including TV's "Gilligan's Island," the movie "Superman," as well as the Indiana Jones, "Star Wars" and Harry Potter movies. He also has composed music for "Sunday Night Football," the past four Olympic Games and "NBC Nightly News."
The concert begins at 7 p.m. Admission is $12 for adults. Children are free with a paying adult.
(c)2013 The Chronicle (Centralia, Wash.)
Visit The Chronicle (Centralia, Wash.) at www.chronline.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV