Sept. 25--The Northwest Wind Symphony will open its 22nd season on Saturday, Oct. 19, at Corbet Theatre on the Centralia College campus with a musical salute to one of America's most prolific composers, John Williams.
Williams has written music for numerous TV programs and movies, including TV's "Gilligan's Island," the movie "Superman," as well as the Indiana Jones, "Star Wars" and Harry Potter movies. He also has composed music for "Sunday Night Football," the past four Olympic Games and "NBC Nightly News."
The concert begins at 7 p.m. Admission is $12 for adults. Children are free with a paying adult.
(c)2013 The Chronicle (Centralia, Wash.)
Visit The Chronicle (Centralia, Wash.) at www.chronline.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Yemen Attack Kills 52
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs