Black Hills National Forest Motorized Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM) can now be downloaded directly to your Smart Phone and used out on the roads and trails.
The maps are compatible with iOS Mobile Devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and Android Mobile Devices. "Once downloaded, cell service is not required to view the maps on the Smart Phone, so they can be used throughout the
"Local motorized trail groups assisted in testing the Motor Vehicle Use Maps on the Smart Phone platform, and were excited with the results and the ease of use," said Erickson.
To use the electronic MVUMs, a person must first install Avenza's PDFMaps, a free interactive map-reader for electronic mobile devices.
Instructions for downloading the MVUMs for Smart Phones can be found on the
"Before going out on a ride, ensure your Smart Phone is fully charged, consider turning off your signal searching (roaming) function to conserve battery life, and enjoy finding your way along the road and trail systems in the
Users are responsible for ensuring that the most current MVUM is installed on their device.
CC AutoTriage10PkS-130926-30TacordaCheng-4500094 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.