The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "According to a disclosed embodiment of the invention, an improved cluster-based collection of computers (nodes) is realized using conventional computer hardware. Software is provided that enables at least one virtual machine to be presented to guest operating systems, wherein each node participating with the virtual machine has its own emulator or virtual machine monitor. VM memory coherency and I/O coherency are provided by hooks, which result in the manipulation of internal processor structures. A private network provides communication among the nodes."
The patent application was filed on
Written by Satyaban Rath; edited by
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.