Hollywood couple Richard Gere and Carey Lowell have separated after 11 years of marriage and are planning to divorce, the New York Post reported Wednesday.
Gere, 64, and Lowell, 52, were a couple for seven years before they wed, but they haven't been photographed together since a screening of Gere's movie "Arbitrage" last year, the newspaper said.
A source told the Post the couple -- who have a son -- have "been spending time apart for quite some time."
"They have a place in Bedford [New York], and he likes it because it's quiet and he likes the solitude," a second insider told the newspaper. "She likes being in North Haven in the limelight. They live next door to Jimmy Buffett and his family, and they're good friends."
Original headline: Richard Gere and Carey Lowell to divorce after 11 years of marriage
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors