Hollywood couple Richard Gere and Carey Lowell have separated after 11 years of marriage and are planning to divorce, the New York Post reported Wednesday.
Gere, 64, and Lowell, 52, were a couple for seven years before they wed, but they haven't been photographed together since a screening of Gere's movie "Arbitrage" last year, the newspaper said.
A source told the Post the couple -- who have a son -- have "been spending time apart for quite some time."
"They have a place in Bedford [New York], and he likes it because it's quiet and he likes the solitude," a second insider told the newspaper. "She likes being in North Haven in the limelight. They live next door to Jimmy Buffett and his family, and they're good friends."
Original headline: Richard Gere and Carey Lowell to divorce after 11 years of marriage
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast