The offering combines the benefits of volumetric flood protection through a Brinkster operated cloud scrubbing service, together with
DefensePro helps safeguard business continuity by blocking Distributed Denial-of-Service attacks, application vulnerability exploits, malware and other emerging network attacks at the enterprise perimeter. Only on-premise solutions can detect and mitigate attacks in real-time.
However, on-premise availability solutions are susceptible to massive volumetric attacks – DDoS floods that can saturate a business' internet connectivity. Such attacks are best mitigated in the cloud.
Should a volumetric attack threaten to congest an organization's internet pipe, Brinkster's cloud scrubbing service works in harmony with DefensePro to detect and mitigate attacks in real-time and to automatically invoke cloud-based scrubbing. Additionally, information about an attack is communicated between the enterprise's on-premise DefensePro and Brinkster's cloud, enabling immediate attack mitigation.
This hybrid model ensures that SSL encrypted attacks, low & slow attacks, and other attack vectors that cannot be handled by cloud-only anti-DDoS solutions are blocked at the enterprise data center perimeter.
Brinkster is a
"By merging on-premise and cloud attack mitigation,
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition