Julia Roberts is to be presented with the Hollywood Supporting Actress Award for her work in the film "August: Osage County," organizers announced Wednesday.
The honor will be bestowed at the Hollywood Film Awards gala ceremony Oct. 21 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif.
"It is a privilege to honor Julia Roberts for her brilliant and passionate performance in 'August: Osage County.' Julia continues to shine as one of Hollywood's most gifted actresses," Carlos de Abreu, founder and executive producer of the 17th annual Hollywood Film Awards, said in a statement.
Roberts' film credits include "Ocean's 11," "Erin Brockovich," "My Best Friend's Wedding," "Hook" and "Pretty Woman."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed