Julia Roberts is to be presented with the Hollywood Supporting Actress Award for her work in the film "August: Osage County," organizers announced Wednesday.
The honor will be bestowed at the Hollywood Film Awards gala ceremony Oct. 21 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif.
"It is a privilege to honor Julia Roberts for her brilliant and passionate performance in 'August: Osage County.' Julia continues to shine as one of Hollywood's most gifted actresses," Carlos de Abreu, founder and executive producer of the 17th annual Hollywood Film Awards, said in a statement.
Roberts' film credits include "Ocean's 11," "Erin Brockovich," "My Best Friend's Wedding," "Hook" and "Pretty Woman."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.