Julia Roberts is to be presented with the Hollywood Supporting Actress Award for her work in the film "August: Osage County," organizers announced Wednesday.
The honor will be bestowed at the Hollywood Film Awards gala ceremony Oct. 21 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif.
"It is a privilege to honor Julia Roberts for her brilliant and passionate performance in 'August: Osage County.' Julia continues to shine as one of Hollywood's most gifted actresses," Carlos de Abreu, founder and executive producer of the 17th annual Hollywood Film Awards, said in a statement.
Roberts' film credits include "Ocean's 11," "Erin Brockovich," "My Best Friend's Wedding," "Hook" and "Pretty Woman."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?